You give your children so much – including great oral health! From the moment their teeth first erupt, you gain a lot of responsibility. The good news is, we’re always here to help. If you need dental advice for your kids, or want to make sure their teeth are developing on schedule, just contact us with any questions.
In the meantime, check out the list below to make sure you’re approaching your children’s teeth the right way. Has it been a while since your kids’ last dental appointments? Schedule them today. And if you need an appointment, feel free to schedule the same day! Visiting the office alongside you will help put your children at ease and encourage them to view dental care in a positive light.
Top Tips for Oral Health-Minded Parents
- Visit the office by the 1st birthday – Whether teeth have erupted yet or not, this is a good time to check in with a dentist and make sure everything looks healthy.
- Keep an eye on your kids’s oral hygiene – Brush and floss alongside your kids to make sure they’re cleaning correctly (and for long enough) – and not skipping oral hygiene.
- Avoid baby bottle tooth decay – Never let your kids fall asleep with bottles in their mouths, as this triggers decay.
- Get sealants for your kids’ teeth – Sealants protect difficult-to-clean, typically problematic teeth (like the molars) to prevent cavities.
- Choose fluoride toothpaste – Your kids should be using fluoride toothpaste as soon as they are old enough to spit out the toothpaste and not swallow it.
Check out a few more mistakes to avoid, and then start adopting these tactics into your kids’ lives! By helping them avoid cavities in youth, you can prevent them developing dental anxiety that could last a lifetime.
Dalton General Dentist | General Dentistry Dalton GA | General Dentist Dalton
[caption id="attachment_850" align="aligncenter" width="500"] When is it time to drop everything and get help?[/caption] Tooth pain can be a real...well...pain. But sometimes it’s hard to know whether your discomfort is...
We all want that bright, white smile to feel our most confident selves. But whitening your teeth shouldn’t come at a cost to oversensitivity and harming your enamel. Whitening your...
Getting your kids to eat a healthy balanced diet is no simple task, but what your children eat and drink can have a big impact on their oral health. Packing...